pure-sfv for Unix and Windows, current version 0.3
This utility creates .SFV (Simple File Verify) and .PAR (Parity Archive) data files.
Test files base on .SFV.
This program created specially for Recursive directories handling on windows.
Current source compiled and tested under following platforms and compiles:
- Linux, Red Hat 7.1, gcc version 2.96
- Windows 98/2000, VC++ 6.0
- Sun - solaris 2.8, gcc version 2.95.2
Features to be developed:
- Complete source in C makes it simple to change.
- Recursive directories handling.
- Automatic checksum file naming ability in create mode.
- Meaningful and documented exit values for easy scripting.
- Wildcards for file names.
- Creation of PAR (Parity Archive) files. (Code from Parchive for MS-DOS v1.1)
- Create Multiple recovery sets if number of files in SFV greater than 255.
Minor but nice features:
- Test PAR (Parity Archive) support.
- Testing events actions. Flag files, call scripts and/or renaming.
- Tested files database (big common SFV file). Handle duplicates.
- Find and rename files based on CRC if files has been renamed.
- Sort file list by name before creating SFV and PAR
- Your suggestions: